In this video tutorial and blog, Kurt Steen (a golfsmith for the last 15-years) reviews and demonstrates the removal of golf club grip tape.
Tools you will need for the removal process:
- Hook blade
Golf club grip tape removal instructions:
- First take the hook blade and place it just underneath the grip
- Pull it back firmly and slowly keeping control of the hook blade
- Peel the end of the grip open and back -- sliding it off the end of the shaft
- Now unwrap your grip tape -- peeling any existing tape off that may have split from the blade cutting it
- Take a small amount of solvent and pour it onto the rag
- Finish by wiping the shaft with the rag several times until it is clean
And that completes the golf club grip tape removal process.